October 1, 2015
Dear Academy Families:
Academy is registered with the School’s Out network which allows us the ability to broadcast emergency notifications to our Academy families. When you enroll with School’s Out, they will notify you immediately when Academy has posted a message regarding a schedule change such as a delay, cancellation, early closing, as well as any other emergency information at Academy locations.
School’s Out Basic is a free service for parents. When you register, School’s Out will notify you via email when Academy has posted a message. To register for this free service, visit http://www.schoolsout.com and follow these instructions:
- Click on “Sign Up”.
- When it asks what school do you wish to receive notices from? Type in Academy Child Development Center.
- Enter your email address. 4. Click “Signup.”
Parents also have the option of enrolling in School’s Out Plus. For
$19.95 a year, you can receive a text message on your cell phone (SMS) whenever the status of Academy changes. With this service, you do not have to have access to a computer or electricity to receive an emergency notification. The text message will be delivered directly to your cell phone. To register for this paid service, on the home page, click on “Sign Up” and follow these directions:
1. Select the school you wish to receive notices from.
2. Enter in the phone number which you want notices sent to.
3. Select your cell phone carrier.
4. Then click on “Continue to Step 2 of 3.”
5. Enter in the activation code that was sent to your phone.
6. Then complete personal and credit card information and click “Finish.”
Message from schoolsout.com: “AOL & Yahoo users – We have seen that your emails have been delayed. This is NOT because of anything we have done. AOL & Yahoo are delaying the delivery of these emails. We have contacted both of them to request that the alert messages get to your inbox ASAP. At this time, visiting our website is the most reliable way to be notified of any closings.”
Parents also have the option of signing up to receive text messages through School’s Out Plus for $19.95 per year. With this service, you do not have to have access to a computer or electricity to receive emergency notification. The text message will be delivered directly to your cell phone. To register and purchase a 1 year subscription, follow these directions:
- Click on “Sign Up”.
- When it asks what school do you wish to receive notices from? Enter Academy Child Development Center.
- Enter cell number – have cell phone on and close by.
- Enter name.
- Enter email address.
- Enter Payment Information for a one-time charge of $19.95 for a 1 year subscription.
- Follow remaining instructions from School’s Out
Don’t delay, register with School’s Out today by visiting their website at http://www.schoolsout.com so you will always be the first to know when Academy has a change in schedule. Thank you!
Lesley Everhart, Administrator