is offered at Academy Primary School for students who will be ready for kindergarten in the fall. However, they do not turn 5 until after September 1 but before January 1 which makes them ineligible for Kindergarten.
Students who are currently enrolled in any of the 5 Academy Child Development Centers’ pre-kindergarten or preschool programs who meet this criteria will be given priority enrollment in this school program located on the Academy Hills Campus.
Rockville, MD. 20850
Hours 9 am – 3:30 pm
Why choose the Transitional Kindergarten Program at Academy Primary School?
- Your child will receive a Maryland State Department of Education approved curriculum that allows students the opportunity to achieve high academic standards regardless of grade level. The Core Knowledge Sequence Curriculum is presented in individual and small group instructional settings. Students are guided to explore and expand their knowledge through learning centers, classroom iPads, computers, field trips, guest speakers, and vast classroom supplies and materials.
- Class size will have up to a 1-12 ratio.
- There will be opportunities for students to work with and learn from older children in small instructional groups.
- Music and physical education sessions are provided.
- Students can continue in Academy Primary School through 2nd grade age.
- Licensed school-age child care is in the same building.
- Students wear uniforms 4 days per week. Parents report this is a convenient and cost effective program. No more arguing about what to wear to school or to compete with other children.
- Academy appreciates the professional families who desire a strong educational community for their child and their family.