Academy Primary School (Private PreK, Transitional Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grades)
10107 Darnestown Rd
Rockville, Maryland 20850
Phone: (301) 424-9475
Fax: (301) 424-9524
We are pleased that you are considering Academy to meet your family’s educational goals. Academy is the best choice if you are a professional working family who values high academic standards and also needs licensed before and after school enrichment opportunities. Academy provides a challenging academic program in a small instructional setting. Students develop strong independent skills with a zest for lifelong learning via experienced staff, community service learning activities and a curriculum that focuses on the development of the “total child”. Contact us today to schedule a tour!
PreK, Transitional K, 1st and 2nd grades
- Full year program 7 am – 6:30 pm
- School day program 9 am – 3:30 pm
Newsletters and Calendars
Established as Academy Child Development Center, Inc. in 1981 as a 501c. (3) not for profit educational corporation by Marilyn Fleetwood.
Grades: Preschool – 2nd Grade
Average Class Size: 21 children
Staff/Student Ratio: 1 to 12
Curriculum: Core Knowledge Sequence which is a Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) approved curriculum.
Accreditation: Academy Child Development Center at Academy Hills is accredited by MSDE.
Before and After School: Child Care provided by Academy Child Development Center and is licensed by MSDE Office of Child Care.
Summer: Academy offers summer sessions on-site for Preschool through Pre-Kindergarten and at our Stone Mill location for Kindergarten through 5th grades.
If you choose Academy Primary School and Child Development Center at Academy Hills your family will:
- Be able to stay for eight years in one location (Infants – 2nd grade)
- Experience leadership of two administrators who are actively involved in all programs – infants through primary school
- Participate in and become part of our PTeX committee who are very active within the school and community
- Use challenging curriculum allowing for succession of skills from infants through 2nd grade with individualized teaching and good supplemental resources
- Interact with dedicated staff who receive continued training