Academy Primary School (Infants – Preschool, Prekindergarten, Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten-2nd grades)
10107 Darnestown Rd
Rockville, Maryland 20850
Phone: (301) 424-9475
Fax: (301) 424-9524
Head of School Megan McHale
Assistant Head of School Rita Verona
For information call 301.424.9475
Street View Location Map
We are pleased that you are considering Academy to meet your family’s educational goals. Academy is the best choice if you are a professional working family who values high academic standards and also needs licensed before and after school enrichment opportunities. Academy provides a challenging academic program in a small instructional setting. Students develop strong independent skills with a zest for lifelong learning via experienced staff, community service learning activities and a curriculum that focuses on the development of the “total child”. Contact us today to schedule a tour!
Infants-Preschool, Prekindergarten, Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten-2nd grades
- Full year program 7 am – 6:30 pm
- School day program 9 am – 3:30 pm
Newsletters and Calendars
- February 2018 Newsletter
- February 2018 Calendar
- January 2018 Newsletter
- January 2018 Calendar
- Pre-K January 2018 Newsletter
- Pre-K January 2018 Calendar
- Primary School October 2017 Newsletter
- Primary School September 2017 Newsletter
Established as Academy Child Development Center, Inc. in 1981 as a 501c. (3) not for profit educational corporation by Marilyn Fleetwood.
Grades: Preschool – 2nd Grades
Average Class Size: 18-20 children
Teacher-Student Ratio is 1-10 for Preschool-Second Grades, 1-6 for two-year-olds, 1-3 for infants and toddlers: 1 to 12
Curriculum: MSDE Approved Preschool-Transitional Kindergarten
–The Investigators Club. Core Knowledge Sequence for Transitional K-2nd grades and Creative Curriculum for Infants/Toddlers/Twos.
Accreditation: Academy Primary School and Child Development Center at Academy Hills is accredited by MSDE.
Before and After Care is licensed by MSDE Office of Child Care.
Summer-sessions available for School-age students.
If you choose Academy Primary School and Child Development Center at Academy Hills Campus your family will:
- Be able to stay for eight years in one location (Infants – 2nd grades)
- Experience leadership of two administrators who are actively involved in all programs – infants through primary school
- Participate in and become part of our PTeX committee who are very active within the school and community
- Use challenging curriculum allowing for succession of skills from infants through 2nd grade with individualized teaching and good supplemental resources
- Interact with dedicated staff who receive continued training